is creating The Autistic Mercury
Share This Creator
To read the original announcementsee here.
What is the Autistic Mercury? Put simply, it's a site focusing on reviewing a full range of new and interesting media and content. The site, rather than revolving around commentary and reporting of current political news, will have a dedicated critical and aesthetic perspective on new literature, art, film and music. The purpose will be to share information from scholarly works on science and history, provide criticism of philosophical and ideological books across the political spectrum, critique mass media works of fiction and film.
The site is currently scheduled for launch September 4th, and will feature daily reviews from some of the most creative, aesthetic, and thoughtful posters currently creating content today. Some of the content lined up for the first month will include:
- Akira, NuminousCosmos, Guccigate, YungJeung and others doing new album reviews.
- Delicious Tacos reviewing Ready Player One
- Fluland's review of Hunger by Roxane Gay
- Mr. Bones' review of Milo's Dangerous, and Laurie Penny's Bitch Doctrine
- Two reviews of new books by Logo Daedalus
- Rex Mundi's review of Black Magic and Bogeymen: Fear, Rumour and Popular Belief in the North of Ireland 1972-74
- Tantum's review of Reason after Its Eclipse: On Late Critical Theory by Martin Jay
- Lovepoasting on appreciating Pope's translations of Homer
- TV Kwa doing video studies of films
- Badtheoryguy's writeup on Dugin
- Weekly writeups of current art exhibits to checkout around the world.
- Interviews conducted by PT Carlo
- DC10's review Thomas Dworzak's Europa - An introduction and guide for Refugees and Migrants
- Contributions from many others from Alice Maz's review of Mongol scholarship to Faceberg giving his take on the latest video games.
I won't spoil all the surprises, but the site is coming along, web development is well underway, and your support will only serve to aid the site in coming together smoothly.